Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm back to blogging - 5 years later

People who know me know that I am an opinionated person. I can state an opinion about any topic even if don't really know much about it. I like to believe that I don't take my own opinions too seriously and I recognize that my opinions are just my personal view of life, not revealed truth. One of the things I most enjoy is passionate discussion about important, and even not so important, issues. I have a friend who keeps asking me 'if you're so smart, why don't you write a book?' I think what he means is 'stop inflicting your opinions on me and go bother somebody else.' So I've decided to follow his advice, sort of. I'm not going to write a book (yet) but I am going to go back to writing my blog. I probably won't be writing every day but I plan to create a new entry at least a couple of times a week.

I think the title of my blog is a little misleading. Although I do consider myself to be a secular humanist, this blog is not just about religion and philosophy. I plan to comment on anything that strikes my fancy. I will be talking about politics, economics, sports, marriage, divorce, technology, movies, and the arts.

I am truly interested in your opinions and reactions to what I write so don't hold back. I do ask that you don't get too personal. Feel free to disagree with my opinions but keep it civil.

And enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger GeekOnABlog said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! I'm interested in hearing what you have to say.

Of course, asking people to be civil on the Internet is a waste of bytes. :)

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home